I just spent some interesting preschool time with Jacob. He really wanted to learn about the inside of a grasshopper, so I found an interactive diagram online and showed him all the parts. He got pretty excited when he recognized some of the parts from when he cut apart grasshoppers over the summer! Then he wanted to see the inside of a butterfly, a worm, a fly, and a flea so we found those. I think I have a budding entomologist!
It is so amazing to watch your kids be into something that you KNOW you did NOT urge/inspire them towards. . .it's proof that they are who they are BEFORE they're born. I love watching their talents blossom and seeing what they learn and where they go with all their knowledge. . .I can't wait to see what Mark ends up doing with his crazy movie stuff, and what Jacob ends up doing with all this gross bug stuff! hee hee
ReplyDeleteYes, I agree. I certainly didn't give him the idea to cut up grasshoppers to see what was inside!
ReplyDelete