Monday, September 24, 2012

Surprise Party!

I've never liked friend birthday parties because of the worry about who to invite and awkwardness of presents, so my kids have never had one.  But this year I thought Megan would really like to have a party with friends, so I threw her a little surprise fairy party last week.  We did a "cake walk" where the "fairies" walked from flower to flower and won flower barretts that I made and decorated wands (wooden dowels with ribbon) and cupcakes.  Nothing fancy, but Megan loved it.  It was fun to see her smile when her 4 friends knocked on the door and said, "Surprise!"






Later that night we had a family party.  Megan had really been wanting a play-doh ice cream station and we also got her a hula-hoop (she does that during lunch recess with her friends and is learning to do it well!)  She was good to share with Jacob.  Jacob and I also made a fairy flower cake.




I think it was a good birthday for her--and now she is 7!  I remember my 7th birthday, so it's weird to think that she will likely remember this day!

2 comments:

  1. Holy cow! Can you believe our little girls are SEVEN? I didn't know you surprised her with a little party. . .SO fun!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, I thought we talked about everything--we must be getting busy if you didn't know about the party! :)

      Delete