Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A start

It often seems that many things in my life are waiting on the back burner "until the house is clean" but the problem is, that time never comes.  I do clean, but to get every room in the house in order at the same time is impossible, and even on the VERY RARE occasions when that happens (i.e. when we have company coming) it only stays that way for about 5 minutes.  So I sometimes miss out on the journaling, family history, playing with kids, gardening . . . all the things that I say I'll do after the house is in order.  Not today.  The house is a disaster, but I decided (with a nudge from my mother-in-law) that keeping a record of my family's day to day life when my kids are young will be a worthwhile effort.  So I started.  This will definitely not be a cute-sy blog.  I don't know how to do that.  And I'm going to try really hard not to be a perfectionist about my posts because then I won't ever post anything.  I'll just do what I can do and that will have to be good enough.  In the meantime I hope to capture some memories for my family to enjoy in the years to come.  So here I go!

3 comments:

  1. yay for you. . .you won't regret it, or if you do, you can just quit. pretty cool, huh? :) Love you, and look forward to stalking your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited about your blog, Kim! I look forward to reading all of your day to day adventures. Those are really the most memorable in the end. Good luck! I know it is hard to make time. I seem to always be writing in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete