Wednesday, September 4, 2013

First day of school!

I just dropped Jacob off at Kindergarten and this morning I sent Megan off to second grade.  They were both really excited and ready long before they actually needed to leave.  We had time to paint Megan's nails this morning and Jacob was in the car buckled and ready to go when we still had 10 minutes to go :)



Jacob and his friend Rhett, they are in the same class:

Jacob is in a Spanish immersion class, I can't wait to see how it goes today!


The kids had a long bus ride home, about 45 minutes because they are the last to be dropped off, and Jacob fell asleep! Megan sat by him and woke him up when it was time to get off.


2 comments:

  1. Seeing the kids getting off of the bus reminded me of Eric's first day of kindergarten. I anxiously waited for the kids to get home. I was standing at the bus stop waiting for them when the bus pulled up. To my surprise Eric didn't get off. I called the school. Sure enough they had put him on the wrong bus! They finally tracked him down, arranged for another bus to pick him up and bring him home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a first day experience! That actually happened to one of my friends this year, her daughter has the same name as another girl in her class and they got switched the first day on the buses! I'm glad my kids made it home on the right bus!

      Delete