Tuesday, November 27, 2018

It's time to catch up! March-May 2018

I've been wanting to record pictures and what we've been up to, but the longer I waited and more behind I got the more overwhelmed I felt, so I kept putting it off until I had "more time," which never seems to come! I have also had a hard time figuring out how to get my pictures from my phone, spent time working on our new website tripreporter.com, and most recently been busy with my calling as Relief Society President. But no more excuses, today I will do SOMETHING!

March
I'm going to skip over the trauma of coming home from Europe and discovering that we all had LICE to one degree or another. I spent a lot of time crying that week, picking nits out of hair, and washing hair with special shampoo.

Sometime this month we decided to buy the web domain tripreporter.com and we started to learn a about web design and writing trip reports.

At the end of March we got our Maisie! She is the sweetest kitty, a Scottish Fold, and we love her very much. She loves belly rubs and being in the same room with us.














Maisie joined us just in time for Affy and her girls to meet her when they came for Spring Break! We enjoyed Easter and lots of relaxing time together! Jon also got Lasik while they were here and is very happy not to wear glasses anymore. I won't post the scary pictures of his eyes protected by eye shields after the surgery!








Drinking hot chocolate through thin mints--yum!




April
Tim and Penny and Owen and Roger came to visit for a weekend and we loved having them here!






May
In May we started watching Kevin in the evenings after school and on weekends. We got to have him around for almost 6 weeks. He taught us some Chinese words and had lots of fun playing with Jacob and Katie.










We spent a weekend in Lake George as a family and enjoyed walking around town, swimming in the lake, and fishing.







Emily and some of her kids came for a visit over Memorial Day weekend and we enjoyed walks in Kinns Road Park, a trip to Bolton's Landing, and fun time at home. They also got to celebrate Katie's birthday with us!


























While they were here we heard that Grandma Hetrick had passed away, so we left right after Katie's birthday party and caravan-ed with the Yorke's to Pennsylvania to be there for her burial. We stopped at Niagara Falls and a roadside beach on the way. We loved seeing lots of family in Pennsylvania, but we will miss Grandma Hetrick!













Packed into the elevator!



At Grandma and Grandpa Hetrick's old house

No comments:

Post a Comment