Monday, August 31, 2015
It has begun . . .
We officially started our homeschool year today. I didn't get my exercise in because I could NOT sleep last night so I let that slide, but I did read my scriptures and get ready for the day before 8:30. The kids were up and had chores and breakfast done by 9 and we had a great "kidschool" hour. We started the New Testament then watched 4 corresponding Bible videos on lds.org. Then I read a story from the Friend and a story from The Book of Virtues. After kidschool we had two hours for personal study. Jacob and Katie and I read a book from the library about rocks and Jacob showed me his rock collection. Then Jacob and Katie painted. Megan did some math pages and wrote out a little Greek mythology story. She also edited a few paragraphs and painted. I also started the book Unbroken about a WWII POW that I'm really excited to read. We had lunch and then some free time before I read The Trumpet of the Swan for an hour. Then we had our afternoon of service. We decided to write notes and thank yours to friends and teachers. Then "school" was done for the day. Overall I feel that it was a successful day and I'm excited for this year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment