We did it--we got a puppy! I've been debating back and forth since we found a new home for Abby (she was quite a shedder and she went to a great new home with another dog to play with!) whether to try a puppy or go for an older, already-trained dog. When we found out that the Kunz family in our ward had Labradinger puppies (lab/springer spaniel mix) then I couldn't resist. The kids and I went over Saturday night (Jon was skiing) and picked out Mandy. She was born the day before Thanksgiving, 11/26/14, and is 7 1/2 weeks old. They called her "Lazy" since she was the most mellow, which is just the kind of puppy I was looking for! We are in love with her already, and I'm managing on little sleep from all the night-time and day-time potty trips as we work on house training and from keeping a constant eye on her so she won't chew up our kitchen!
 |
| Mandy is taking to her kennel really well! |
 |
| The first casualty of her razor-sharp little teeth! |
No comments:
Post a Comment