Our vacation to Orlando started with a really neat experience. As I got on the plane in SLC I passed a man who looked a lot like Elder Neil A. Anderson of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles. I wasn't sure if it was him at first, but then Jon and I saw him on the way to baggage claim and there was no doubt. We went up to him and got to shake his hand and meet his wife. They were very kind, and it was a wonderful experience meeting an apostle and explaining to our kids who he was. We are excited now to hear from him in general conference next week.
After church our first Sunday we got caught in the middle of a HUGE rain/wind storm. We pulled over because Jon couldn't see to drive. It looked just like the videos I've seen of hurricanes--huge raindrops pelting the windshield horizontally, palm trees blowing like crazy, etc. As we watched all this Jon got an emergency text on his phone saying there was a tornado warning in our immediate area. I pretty much freaked out and made Jon drive us back (about 1/2 mile) to the church and get inside. The rain passed pretty quickly but we saw a lot of downed trees on the drive to our hotel. Turns out there didn't end up being a tornado, but we were in quite a storm!
We really enjoyed a lot of the Disney parks--Epcot, Typhoon Lagoon, Magic Kingdom, and Animal Kingdom.
For part of the week we met up with Grandma and Grandpa Perkins and ended the week with a visit to Fort Wilderness Campground and the Hoop-de-doo Review and dinner, then church and lunch together on Easter before the long, late flight home. It's good to be back, but I think we made some good memories . . .
Katie loves waving and smiling at people. She LOVED the parade at Animal Kingdom because e-v-e-r-y-o-n-e came up to her and gave her attention. She also started clapping for the first time all on her own at Epcot. It was a fun time with her.
Megan loved the egg hunts at Epcot, tube waterslides at Typhoon Lagoon, Splash Mountain, meeting characters, and taking pictures of her favorite things.
Jacob especially liked catching lizards. He also really liked the T-Rex restaurant in Downtown Disney. A few of his lizards even found their way home with us in his luggage without me knowing about it until it was too late to set them free. One of them he gave to a friend; the other is lost in our house somewhere at the moment!
Pictures to come . . .
Thanks for sharing your vaca with us. We had a great time. Love your post!
ReplyDelete