Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Homeschool Report

I was talking to Liesl on the phone today and she gave me the wonderful idea to write down things my kids work on and learn so I can see the good that is happening when I get discouraged or doubtful about homeschooling. So here goes . . .

Recent learning (both planned and unplanned):
  1. We saw a cave and talked about caves at Silver Dollar City
  2. Megan wrote a family newsletter with articles, activities, pictures, etc.
  3. Megan was excited to get her math and chemistry books for iFamily
  4. We read a little about slavery to prepare for our upcoming trip to a plantation in New Orleans
  5. Megan and Jacob made a big lego ship together
  6. We watched a movie about Joan of Arc and learned about her and how she lived during the Hundred Years War
  7. We read some books and watched documentaries on the Mayans to prepare for our trip
  8. Katie loves to play the violin and I've let her do it
  9. Megan and Jacob both made healthy challenges for themselves, charts included
  10. Megan sewed herself and Jacob a "uniform" shirt out of scrap cloth
  11. We watched a youtube video about the elements in the Periodic Table
  12. We listened to the Timeline Song

No comments:

Post a Comment