Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Thanksgiving on our own

Jon and the kids went to the mountains and cut a tree down on the Saturday before Thanksgiving. We decorated it for FHE on Monday.







We stayed home for Thanksgiving this year and had dinner all by ourselves. I love big dinner with extended family but it was really neat to start some of our traditions this year. The kids and I read A Brief History of the Mayflower Pilgrims from my dad during the week before, and having that story in my mind really helped me to be more grateful for our abundance. We also decorated a tablecloth with things we were thankful for.

We all had our favorite foods to enjoy, too. Jacob ate nothing but noodles, and Megan only had mashed potatoes and gravy :) I loved the stuffing and yams and Jon made cranberry walnut bread. I also taught my kids about "Thanksgiving shots" and they loved that.




Our sweet Mandy turned 1 on Thanksgiving and was happy to get a bone to chew on. We also had our neighbor's dog Lucy with us for the week while they were out of town.



No comments:

Post a Comment