Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Possibly the best family vacation ever!

We are now home and I can post some pictures of our awesome trip! We loved our time in Dallas with Emily's family. We left pretty warm weather in Idaho, probably 50s or so, but it snowed on us in TX! So our Yorke cousins got some extra time off school and we got more time to play!




Then it was off to Costa Rica! Amazingly, our flight was on time even though most other flights leaving out of snowy Dallas were delayed or cancelled!

Our first stop in Costa Rica was a 3-night stay at La Posada by Manuel Antonio National Park. This was my favorite place--wild monkeys and more!

Breakfast in the American Airlines Lounge in the Dallas Airport--we are so spoiled!





Chasing a Blue Morpho butterfly!
Can you see the monkey jumping from tree to tree? We watched a whole group travel across here!


Yummy fruit! 


 Monkeys came to our hotel grounds our last morning and we got to feed them bananas! It was so much fun!




The wild deer named "Cutie" by the kids
After the last "morning of the monkeys" at La Posada we headed to Arenal. Along the way we stopped to see crocodiles and macaws.



Lunch at a Soda with our awesome driver Rolando
Our cabin at La Catarata near the Arenal volcano


 The Rainforest Chocolate Tour! Yum!





The volcano
Toucans
A basilisk
Tabacon Hot Springs
After the Hot Springs we had a van ride, boat ride, then a bUmPy van ride to Monteverde.



Our bungalow in Monteverde. It was WINDY and LOUD but beautiful!
The Cloud Forest . . .








Jacob and Jon's Night Walk Tour


Leaf-cutter ants--they gather the leaves to grow a fungus underground that they eat.

A sloth in the trees
Megan and I went on a horseback ride around the hills in Monteverde--it was SO MUCH FUN and Megan was a pro rider!



We saw the end of the rainbow--right on the road! :)
My horse "Whiskey" and "Johnnie." Megan rode "Ares" (the white horse) most of the time.
Kids playing Ruckus in the airport at 3:30am before the flight(s) home!
Whew, we made it! It was such a wonderful vacation, the kids got along really well most of the time and we all enjoyed the beauty of Costa Rica. Jacob and I even got to use some of our Spanish!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe the monkey pictures! So awesome. And my girls are dying that you got to go horse back riding. The hot springs look amazing too. What a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks like so much fun! Now I've got to add Costa Rica to my bucket list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I am so insanely jealous! Seriously, I want to cry. Chris and I are definitely doing this with our girls. I can't wait to here more details and get your suggestions for my future trip :) See you next week!

    ReplyDelete