Thursday, May 29, 2014

The end of school (as we know it!)

The title was inspired by the old song, but instead of it being the end of the world, it is just the end of school as (my family) knows it!

Megan had a really great teacher this year who really helped her enjoy school, I'm so glad.  She was in her 2nd grade spelling bee yesterday and did a great job, but I admit it was hard for me to watch--I just wanted all the kids to spell everything right and know how great they all are!  I was proud of Megan for having a big smile on her face and enjoying it, and being a really good sport when she got out by spelling y-o-u-r instead of y-o-u-'-r-e.  I didn't dare take a picture while she was at the microphone spelling a word because I didn't want to mess her up, but here she is next to her friend Katie waiting for her turn.


Jacob graduated from kindergarten today.  He had a great teacher as well and learned quite a few Spanish words as part of the Spanish Immersion Program.  It will be hard to take him out of that, but I still think home school will be good for our family.  I was happy that Jacob told me today he wants to do home school even during the summer break.  I love that he is still excited to learn!



Jacob and Sra. Garrido

No comments:

Post a Comment