Wednesday, June 19, 2013

A walk and a hike

I walked 19 miles to the Rexburg Temple with my ward young women earlier this month.  I was happy that I was able to walk the whole time and it was a great experience.


I also got to go to 1 1/2 days at girls camp.  The highlight of camp for me was the firesides and testimony meeting, but a close second turned out to be our crazy hike.  A group of us (following one of our priesthood leaders) ended up off-trailing it and bushwacking across a couple mountain sides, including across a big rock slide, then down the mountain to make it back to our camp. Some of the girls got pretty nervous when it started pouring rain on us and they didn't know where we were, but we followed our leader and he eventually got us back to camp.  It was quite and adventure.  A few days later I brought Jon and kids back to do the first part of the hike up to a beautiful view (but instead of continuing on through the bushes we turned around when the trail stopped and hiked back down the trail!)




No comments:

Post a Comment