Friday, February 1, 2013
Women in the scriptures challenge
Oh, I am so excited about this! I got the idea from a blog that Liesl shared with me. It's basically to read the scriptures looking for and underlining everything that has to do with women so I can gain more understanding about how Heavenly Father feels about His daughters. I started this challenge today, and my scripture study was wonderful! I decided to start with the Book of Mormon. I read chapters 1-5 this morning, looking for any reference to women and trying to see the story through their eyes. I had a lot of thoughts this morning about Sariah and how it must have been for her to leave Jerusalem, then send her sons back for the plates. Not easy for sure. I made more notes and underlines this morning than I have in a long time, and I wished I had more time to study! I loved reading on my tablet--I can underline, highlight, make notes connected to verses, look up manuals, link scriptures . . . I'm still learning what all I can do, but I love it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment